, Any Non-Good Alignment
• Armor Class: 15 • Hit Points: 78 (12d8+24) • Speed: 30 ft.
• Saving Throws:
Dex +6, Int +4 • Skills:
Acrobatics +6, Deception +3, Perception +3, Stealth +9 • Resistances:
poison • Languages:
Thieves' cant plus any two languages • Challenge:
8 (3900 XP) • Environments:
Arctic, Cave, Coast, Desert, Dungeon, Forest, Grassland, Mountain, Ruins, Swamp, Underground, Urban
• Assassinate: During its first turn, the assassin has advantage on attack rolls against any creature that hasn't taken a turn. Any hit the assassin scores against a surprised creature is a critical hit.
• Evasion: If the assassin is subjected to an effect that allows it to make a Dexterity saving throw to take only half damage, the assassin instead takes no damage if it succeeds on the saving throw, and only half damage if it fails.
• Sneak Attack (1/Turn): The assassin deals an extra 13 (4d6) damage when it hits a target with a weapon attack and has advantage on the attack roll, or when the target is within 5 ft. of an ally of the assassin that isn't incapacitated and the assassin doesn't have disadvantage on the attack roll.
• Multiattack: The assassin makes two shortsword attacks.
• Shortsword: Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d6 + 3) piercing damage, and the target must make a DC 15 Constitution saving throw, taking 24 (7d6) poison damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
• Light Crossbow: Ranged Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, range 80/320 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d8 + 3) piercing damage, and the target must make a DC 15 Constitution saving throw, taking 24 (7d6) poison damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.